Lemon and Pistachio Cake
- Tahini sauce
- 150g full fat natural yoghurt or unsweetened non-dairy yoghurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 good squeeze lemon juice
- For the veggie burgers
- 1 x Piccolo vegetarian stock cube, crumbled
- 100g sweet potato
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 25g porridge oats
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sundried Tomatoes
- To make the tahini sauce, mix the ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and set aside to allow the flavours to mingle.
- If you have a microwave, microwave the sweet potatoes for 6-8 minutes until soft. Once cooked, scrap out the insides of the potatoes and add to a food processor. If you do not have a microwave, simply grate the potatoes into the processor. Add all the other ingredients into the food processor. Blend on the pulse setting until the mixture comes together to make a thick, but not totally smooth, paste.
- Divide the burger mixture into four even pieces and roll into balls. Flatten into burger shapes.
- Brush a large non-stick frying pan with a little oil and fry the burgers over a medium heat for 5–6 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned and hot through.
- Serve the burgers in warmed pitta bread with salad and the tahini sauce.