Rice pudding with rhubarb compote
- 220g whole almonds, finely chopped
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 150g caster sugar
- 335g milk chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 180°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt. Add finely chopped almonds, and mix.
- In a mixer, mix butter and sugar on medium speed for 1-1/2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined to make a dough
- Remove the dough and using your hands, divide the dough into two or three pieces and form into long flat shapes about 8" long x 1-1/2 inches wide. Place the hande of a wooden spoon in the middle of the sausage of dough and press lightly down, shaping the dough up around the handle, to make into a crescent shape
- Place on the lined baking sheets and bake the shapes for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and when cool enough to handle, gently cut the loaves into 1/2 inch slices (a serrated bread knife works best). Return to the baking sheet fitting as many as you can on the baking sheet, you may need to do this in batches.
- Bake the biscotti for another 3-4 minutes on each side, less if you like it softer. Makes about 24.
- Decorate with 200g dark chocolate, melted