Quick creamy broccoli and almond soup with parmesan toast
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot or ½ onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 50g parsley
- 100g fresh watercress
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 pint boiling water
- 1 Piccolo vegetable stock cube
- Splash full fat milk or cream
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and fry gently until softened, around 3-4 minutes. Add the watercress, peas, , crumbled stock cube and boiling water. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering and continue to simmer for three minutes, or until the peas are bright green and just tender.
- Add the parsley, milk or cream and blend thoroughly with a hand blender. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil for extra good fat for little ones.