Fresh Pea Hummus
- 400ml homemade or low salt vegetable stock (or just hot water if you don’t have the low salt stock)
- 1 strand of fresh tarragon chopped or ½ tsp dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion peeled and finely chopped
- 200g butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- Glug of olive oil
- Pinch of dried marjoram
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/350 F/Gas mark 4.
- Heat a lug of oil in a large casserole pan on a medium heat, then add the onion and leek and fry for five minutes until starting to go soft. Add the crushed garlic and the marjoram and stir, frying for a few more minutes.
- While the onions are cooking peel and roughly chop the carrots, parsnip and butternut squash. Add these, and the chicken to the casserole pan and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the hot water or vegetable stock and tarrogan, bring to the boil, then turn the heat down to low. Crumple up and wet a piece of greaseproof paper, then open it out and place on top of the stew. Cover with a lid and pop in the oven for 1 hour, or until the chicken is super-tender.