Blushing Berries, Pear & Banana
- 600g potatoes
- 6 tablespoons of milk
- 20g butter
- dash of olive oil
- ½ onion or 1 shallot peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- ½ leek trimmed and diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 100ml milk
- 200ml low salt vegetable or fish stock
- 1 ½ tsp chopped fresh parsley, time and basil
- 200 g salmon, skin removed & cut into 2 cm chunks
- 150 g cod, skin removed & cut into 2 cm chunks
- 70g frozen peas
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6 if making this for toddlers, for a puree, you do not need to use the oven.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for around 20-25 minutes until they are soft. Drain and mash with the butter and milk. Set aside.
- To make the sauce, heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion for 5–6 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and leek and cook for a further 8 minutes until soft.
- Gradually, stir in the fish or vegetable stock and milk then cook over a medium heat, stirring continuously and bring to the boil and cook for a few minutes to thicken the sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped herbs.
- Add in the fish and peas (make sure to check for bones in the fish).
- If making for the whole family or for children over 1 year old. Remove the portion for the family, season well and place in a small dish or 4 ramekins, spoon over the potato (season the potato for the whole family) and grate over some parmesan. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- For your baby’s portion place the fish and sauce back on a medium heat and cook for 4-5 minutes until the fish is cooked through. Remove from the heat and blend the fish mix. Mix a little potato in with the fish mix and serve.