Watercress & pea puree
- ½ x 400g tin black beans
- ½ x 325g tin sweet corn
- 1 red or yellow pepper, cored and diced
- 1 small tomato
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 80ml water
- 1 x 80g Piccolo tomato & basil sauce
- Chop your tomato and pepper and add them to a heavy bottomed sauce pan along with the garlic, black beans, corn and water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook on a gentle heat for around 15 minutes. Then add the Piccolo tomato sauce and heat through.
- Mash with a fork or serve as is with the avocado, fresh herbs and cheese. Delicious on its own or with cooked noodles or with a warn tortilla.
- To serve it with: ½ ripe avocado, sliced 1 tsp fresh coriander or parsley, chopped 25g Cheddar cheese, grated