Spring greens pear & apple
- 150g rolled oats
- 60g seeds such as sesame, sunflower or linseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp honey
- 100ml milk, plant based or full fat
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Make this baby friendly: remove honey from recipe to be suitable finger food from 6 months
- Using a food processor or high-powered blender, grind oats and seeds to a flour like consistency.
- Transfer to a medium sized mixing bowl and stir in baking powder and salt.
- If using cows milk, measure out milk and stir in lemon juice. Let sit for 5 mins. If using plant milk simply add milk and lemon to dry ingredients. Meanwhile crack open eggs and whisk.
- Add milk mixture, honey and eggs to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. You want a dropping consistency. If too thick, add more milk.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of oil. Pour a large tablespoon of pancake mixture onto the heated surface. You are aiming for drop scone size. Cook until bubbles form on pancakes. Flip and continue cooking until pancakes become lightly brown on opposite side.
- Repeat with the remainder of batter. Serve with fresh berries or tinned peaches and natural yoghurt with extra seeds.