- 1 medium apple, peeled, and chopped into chunks
- 1 medium ripe pear, peeled, and chopped into chunks
- A handful of kale (approx. 20g)
- A handful of baby spinach, washed (approx. 20g)
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 basil leaf
- Place the apple chunks in a steamer (add the pear also if not quite ripe) and steam for five minutes, then add the kale and spinach and continue steaming for a further 4 minutes until the greens have just wilted and the apples are soft.
- Remove the fruit and vegetables from the steamer and place into a blender or a bowl which works with a hand blender, with the coconut milk and basil and blend until smooth.