Beetroot Humus with parmesan toasts
- 2 courgettes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast or herbs de provence
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 80g cheddar cheese, grated or 1 mozzarella ball
- 6 torn basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 350F/ Gas mark 4. Slice the courgettes in half lengthways (if they do not lie flat, cut a thin slice off the bottom to make them lie flat). Scoop a small amount out of the middle of courgette flesh with a spoon (this allows more filling to fit in the courgette).
- Put the courgette on a baking tray and brush with a little olive oil. Cook for 20 minutes.
- While the courgette is cooking, chop up the scooped out courgette flesh and put in a bowl with the tomato puree and nutritional yeast or herbs, and mix together.
- Take the courgette out of the oven and heap the tomato sauce onto the courgettes, sprinkle the grated cheese or tear the mozzarella and add on top with the tomatoes and torn basil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted and the courgette are tender. Serve straight away.