Salmon is a great oily fish filled with good nutrients for your baby. This lovely light spring puree is quick to make and is delicious. You could also swap the salmon for trout.
Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 15 minutes | Makes 4 portions | Suitable from 6 months | Suitable for freezing | Contains: Dairy
25 minsprep time
10 minsCook time
- 1 courgette, roughly chopped
- 1 medium sized potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 salmon fillet, skin removed
- 200ml boiling water
- 1 piccolo vegetable stock cube
- 2 tbsp full fat yoghurt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- Place the chopped vegetables into a saucepan, place the salmon over the vegetables and the crumbled stock cube and boiling water.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Lift the salmon out of the pan, setting aside the vegetables and cooking liquid and break it into pieces with a fork, checking carefully for any bones.
- Place the vegetables, fish, half the cooking liquid, olive oil, yoghurt and dill into a bowl and puree with a hand blender until smooth, adding any extra cooking liquid if needed to make a smooth puree.