- 5 large firm sweet apples
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-4 tablespoons of water
- 2 tsp dried cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Wash and dry the apples, then cut into 2cm thick slices. Keeping the skin on is optional
- Place in a lidded baking dish slow cooker, add the rest on of the ingredients and toss until apples are coated in the mixture.
- Cover the dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender
- While the apples are cooking, to make the oat topping, in a bowl mix all the topping ingredients until all the oats are coated.
- On a lined baking sheet spread out the oat mix and bake in the oven with the apples for 10-12 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Once the apples are cooked, let stand for 10 minutes then gently mix the apples, covering them with the juice that has formed on the bottom. Serve warm with the oat topping.