- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 150ml water
- 1 cube Piccolo chicken stock
- 1 skinless chicken thigh or breast, chopped
- 50g fine noodles or Piccolo baby pasta
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large lidded saucepan. Once hot add in the onions and cook for a few minutes before adding the garlic. Cook for 5 more minutes until starting to go translucent.
- Add the carrots and celery to the onion mix and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown on all sides for a few minutes while you prepare the stock. Bring the water to boil and in a jug mix the stock cube in the water until it has dissolved with no lumps left
- Add to the vegetables and chicken with the thyme and mix together. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the noodles or pasta and simmer until chicken and pasta is cooked through and tender, about 15 minutes
- If needed, transfer to food processor or blender and puree until smooth