Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- 2 ripe nectarines or peaches
- 50g double cream or full fat natural yoghurt or 50:50
- Zest of ¼ of a lemon
- Some people like to remove the skin of peaches or nectarines for babies, but if you have really ripe smooth skinned fruit and blend it well, I don’t think this is necessary, as a lot of the goodness is in the skin. But remove the skins if you would like.
- Quarter and de-stone the fruit. If your fruit is not quite ripe, steam the quarters for 4-5 minutes until soft, otherwise use raw if ripe and very soft.
- Add the steamed, or ripe fruit to the blender with the cream or yoghurt and zest of a bit of lemon and puree until soft and whipped up to a thick yoghurt like texture.
Tip: this also makes delicious ice lollies.