Cinnamon Baked Apple Slices with toasted oats
- 450g lean beef mince
- 1 small eating apple, peeled, chopped and grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp marmite (optional for children over 12 months)
- 1 Piccolo beef stock cube
- 25 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl add the minced beef, grated apple, herbs, crumbled stock cube, marmite if using, egg and breadcrumbs. Mix until well combined.
- Divide into 6 portions and shape into burgers, pressing the patties tightly together. Dust the burgers with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the burgers over a medium heat for about 6-8 minutes each side, until cooked through.
- To Serve: 4 burger buns, rolls or bread muffins, sliced tomatoes and lettuce, relish or pickles, sweet potato wedges