Parnsip Puree with cheesey eggy bread sticks
- ½ medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium carrot peeled and chopped
- ½ leek trimmed and chopped
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 x 227g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 90g dried red lentils
- 250g low salt vegetable Stock or water
- Dash of olive oil
- Pinch of dried parsley or pinch of fresh parsley chopped
- 100g angel hair pasta
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic, carrot, leek and cinnamon. Cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the carrot is tender.
- Add the lentils, tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock and parsley. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
- While the lentils are cooking, bring a pan of water to the boil and add the angel hair pasta. Cook following the manufacturer’s instructions. Drain the pasta and either mix with the sauce or serve separately.