Three Grain Risotto
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- ½ ripe pear, peeled, cored and chopped into chunks
- ½ an apple, peeled, cored and chopped into chunks
- ¼ a raw small beetroot, peeled and cut into chunks (if you can’t find a raw one, use the cooked vacuum packed beetroot, but ensure it is the one that hasn’t been cooked with vinegar.)
- Tip: add poached chicken to this before blending together to make a more substantial meal, or mix through natural full fat yoghurt.
- Steam the sweet potato and beetroot for five minutes, then add the apple and pear and steam for another five minutes. Alternatively you can bake the sweet potato and beetroot in their skins at 180C/ 160 Fan/ Gas mark 4 for 30 minutes until soft, five minutes before the potatoes are ready steam the apples for five minutes.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked, let it cool for five minutes then scoop out the flesh, (if using pre-cooked beetroot, you do not need to cook again).
- Once all the ingredients are cooked simply put in blender and blend until smooth.