Cheese Straw Shooting Stars
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 4 tsp plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch mixed spice
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 400g lean braising steak, finely sliced
- 300ml passata
- 1 Piccolo beef stock cube
- 50g pasta pieces
- Heat the oil in a small heavy-based casserole dish.
- Gently fry the onion until lightly browned. Meanwhile, on a plate mix the flour and spices together, tip the meat pieces onto the plate and roll around to cover them in the mix. Add the coated meat to the casserole dish and brown all over.
- Once the meat is browned, add the carrot pieces and fry for another minute before pouring over the passata and crumbled stock cube.
- Stir, cover, and heat gently, stirring occasionally, and adding a little water if drying out, for one hour or until the meat is tender. When nearly cooked, boil the pasta. Blend the goulash to a suitable texture and serve with the cooked pasta pieces.