Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- 500g boneless shoulder of lamb
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- 50ml apple juice, not from concentrate
- 50ml honey or maple syrup
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary
- For the pitta’s
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 12 mini pitta breads, toasted
- 1½ tbsp redcurrant jelly (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4. Season the lamb, then brown the meat on all sides in a frying pan.
- Transfer to a roasting tray, add the rosemary and pour the apple juice and honey over the meat. Seal the tray with baking foil and cook for 3½ hours, then remove from the oven and leave the meat to rest until cold.
- Pull the meat into strips (for a sweeter meat, you can pour over 50ml of maple syrup and caramelise in the oven for a further 15 minutes).
- Mix the tomatoes and cucumber with the lamb. Shred the crisp lettuce, squeeze over some lemon or lime juice, then stir the mayonnaise through it.
- Fill each pitta with a little lettuce, add the lamb and tomatoes and optional added extra of redcurrant jelly.