Sugar free custard is a great pudding to whip up for little ones and is delicious with chopped banana and tinned or frozen fruits. Try this recipe with a little desiccated coconut for a little extra thickness (you can also use coconut milk instead of cow’s milk for a very creamy desert)
15 minsprep time
10 minsCook time
- 100ml full fat milk
- 2 tsp whizzed up oats
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- 50g fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp toasted desiccated coconut to serve
- Drop of vanilla essence
- Finely mill your oats (you can also use cornflour if you would prefer). In a saucepan, whisk the milk into the oats, make sure you add it slowly so it doesn’t go lumpy.
- Whisk in the egg yolk, and over a gentle heat, keep stirring until the custard starts to thicken.
- After about five minutes of whisking, add the coconut and vanilla and continue to whisk for another couple of minutes until you have a thick custard like consistency.
- Serve the warm custard with fresh raspberries and some extra toasted desiccated coconut or with some chopped banana.