Apple Mascarpone Friands
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 40g Quinoa
- 20g frozen peas
- 50g tinned cannellini beans
- 40g Cheddar cheese
- 50g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), freshly grated
- 200g Pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 200g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 100g carrots, peeled and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scatter over the chopped pumpkin, sweet potato and carrot and garlic, drizzle over the olive oil and dried basil and mix together with your hands to ensure all the vegetables are coated. Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until golden and soft.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions. In another pan, cook the frozen peas for 5-7 minutes until soft. Drain, reserving the cooking water.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly and add to a blender with the cooked peas, cannelloni beans and cheddar cheese and blend to the desired consistency. Add a little of the pea cooking water to get to a looser consistency.
- Serve with the cooked quinoa and top with freshly grated Parmesan.