This soap takes minutes to make and is rich in nutrients such as folate and vitamin C. The almonds and peas add a good source of protein.
Serves: 2 | Suitable for 1st trimester pregnancy | Vegetarian | Not suitable for freezing | Preparation: 15 minutes | Cooking: 15 minutes
30 minsprep time
10 minsCook time
- 1 Piccolo vegetable or chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head broccoli, chopped up into small pieces, including the stalk
- 100g frozen peas
- 60g almonds
- 150ml boiling water
- 1 garlic clove
- Splash of milk or plant milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slice of wholemeal bread
- 60g Parmesan, grated
- This also makes a delicious vegetable puree for babies. Simply hold off adding any salt and pepper to make it suitable from 6 months.
- In a pan boil the broccoli, peas, almonds, garlic clove and stock in the water for 6-8 minutes until the broccoli is soft.
- Remove from the heat and drain or ladle out half of the liquid, setting the liquid aside.
- Blend the ingredients together, adding more liquid if needed to get the desired consistency.
- Add the splash of milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn on the grill to medium, toast the bread on one side for a minute, then sprinkle the parmesan over the uncooked side and grill for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve with the soup.