with a hint of Mint
This smooth vegetable puree is packed full of greens. You can add a tbsp. of full fat natural yoghurt or crème fraiche to this to make it creamier.
Tip: This makes a fantastic vegetable side dish for grown-ups, so make double and serve with grilled salmon and baked sweet potato.
Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 20 minutes | Makes 4 portions| Suitable for freezing | Suitable from 8 months
20 minsprep time
10 minsCook time
- 50g frozen petit pois
- 1 medium courgette, topped and tailed and sliced into medium disks
- 1 leek, topped, chopped roughly and washed
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and once hot add the leek and cook until it starts to soften, around 8 minutes.
- Add the courgette and frozen peas to the leek and continue to cook until the peas have cooked through, around 5 minutes.
- Add the mint to the greens and either serve as chunky vegetables or puree.