Squashed Picnic Ciabatta
- 1 Piccolo vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 litre boiling water
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 3 spring onions, roughly sliced
- 100g fresh or frozen broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly chopped into disks
- 1 pak choi, cut into quarters
- A few thin slices of fresh red chilli
- Handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 150g straight to wok noodles rice noodles
- Handful almonds or cashew nuts
- Soy sauce to season
- Remove the soy and toasted nuts from this dish to make baby friendly.
- In a large saucepan crumble the stock cube and add the miso paste. Pour over the boiling water and mix the paste and stock until dissolved. Heat the stock to simmering, then add the mushrooms, spring onions, broccoli, carrot, pak choi and chilli.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Adding in the noodles for the last minute. While it is simmering, dry roast the almonds or cashew nuts until brown, and remove from the heat and roughly chop.
- Remove the broth from the heat and add soy sauce to taste.
- Serve with the coriander and sprinkle of toasted nuts.