Friday night fish and chips but baby friendly? This recipe has got you covered. Because babies should be able to try the classics too.
75 minsprep time
60 minsCook time
- 2 baking potatoes, sliced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 30g plain flour
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- approx. 280g white fish
- 300ml passata
- 160g peas
- sea salt & black pepper
- Slice your potato into chip shapes and part boil for roughly 7 minutes before draining
- Add the potatoes to a baking tray and sprinkle with oil and rosemary oil and pop in the oven at 200 degrees for 45 minutes (make sure to turn halfway)
- To make your breadcrumbs, blitz two slices of white bread with some pepper until fine in texture
- Stir, cover, and heat gently, stirring occasionally, and adding a little water if drying out, for one hour or until the meat is tender. When nearly cooked, boil the pasta. Blend the goulash to a suitable texture and serve with the cooked pasta pieces.
- Cut your white fish (we’ve used cod) into fingers before dipping into the flour, then egg and finally the breadcrumbs (TOP TIP: use one hand for the egg and one for the flour and breadcrumbs to avoid the mixture combining on your fingers)
- Pop the fish into the oven with your chips and cook for the remaining 20 minutes
- Plate up with some peas (if your baby is slightly younger then use the back of your fork to mush them up slightly)
- Serve up and enjoy!