Blackberry & apple quinoa porridge
- 400g tin butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp full fat yoghurt
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove
- For the salsa
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 80g Piccolo tomato sauce (optional)
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- 10 pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- A few mint or parsley leaves, finely chopped
- This recipe is also baby friendly. The dip is suitable from 6 months
- Tip the beans, lemon juice, yoghurt, 50g feta and the garlic into a bowl and blitz with a hand blender or in a food processor to make a paste. Stir in the remaining feta and spoon the mixture into a bowl.
- To make the salsa, stir all the ingredients together with the herbs and sauce, if using. The salsa and dip will keep, chilled, in an airtight container for 2-3 days. To eat, serve on top of a green salad, spread onto toasted pitta breads or oatcakes or top on cooked fish or chicken.