Curries can be a brilliant addition to your weaning menu – especially if you find mild, yet flavourful, recipes that the whole family can enjoy.
40 minsprep time
10 minsCook time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 skinless chicken breast or thigh, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 tsp cumin
- Pinch curry powder or garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 300ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 80g frozen or fresh broccoli florets chopped small
- Heat the oil in a heavy based casserole dish, add the onion and stir-fry on medium-low heat for 3-4mins until soft and golden.
- Add the chicken, cumin, paprika and curry or garam masala powder and fry until the chicken is browned all over.
- Add the tomato pieces and garlic and continue to stir-fry for a further 2-3mins.
- Add the coconut milk, desiccated coconut and broccoli florets and simmer on low heat for a further 8 -10mins, stirring occasionally until the chicken is tender. If at any point the curry looks dry, add a little extra water and continue to simmer.
- Chop the chicken to the appropriate lump size for your baby and serve with cooked rice or pasta.