3 ways to prepare broccoli for weaning
Broccoli is a great first taste for babies, packed with vitamins and fibre. For introducing broccoli in whole pieces, make sure you keep the pieces bigger with a stem handle to grip.
As your baby gets more used to solids you can make the pieces smaller. If you’re weaning with puree just whizz the steamed or boiled broccoli with their usual milk or water – later on you can try blending with other soft veg, herbs and spices.
Roasting is great for slightly older babies and you could use different herbs and spices to introduce more flavours.
Is your baby a broccoli fan?
10 minsprep time
1 minsCook time
- Broccoli, boiled or steamed
- 1. Puréed or steamed large floret - best for 6-9+months
- 2. Steamed small florets - best for 9-12+ months
- 3. Whole or bite-sized - best for 12-24+ months
- (Remember every baby and weaning journey is different so these age suggestions are just rough guidelines)