One pot chicken dish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 50g red split lentils, thoroughly rinsed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 x medium sized pre cooked vacuum packed beetroot (not pickled in vinegar), cut into chunks
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the cumin and cook for 10 seconds. Stir in the lentils, carrots, and beetroot then pour in enough water to just cover.
- Bring to the boil, cook for 10 mins, then turn down and simmer for a further 5 mins or until the lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Drain, then either blend to a smooth puree, or, if introducing texture leave as is. Serve one portion and divide the rest between small containers and freeze.